Friday, May 21, 2010

Final Project- Light


At first you may think that this is water splashing on to a trampoline, but it is actually rays of sun shining on the tramp. The tramp distorts the light and makes it look like water which I thought was very cool

This is probably my favorite picture in this project. the light is perfect, the drops of water make it interesting , and it has great contrast. The light reflects beautifully off the water droplets and the spring goes from bright, darker, and then black.
This picture to me shows the light in the darkness. It is one drop of light surrounded by black. This shows "light" perfectly. The drop of water is in perfect focus and the texture makes it all the more better.
This shows a wave of light. It starts as perfectly even waves at the beginning (the right) and breaks up at the end. And if you're wondering this is the city lights from a car

This shows rays of light traveling in circles. It represents how fast light can travel. These are all stars taken at night. It was a super long exposure.

This shows light being sprayed out. This is fire taken with a long exposure.
The light in this picture is the cloud. It seems to light up the mountains and the sky around it. This picture was actually an accident. It was pitch black and I was trying to take a picture of the stars. When I uploaded my pictures, I saw this cloud, that I didn't see before, ruining my star shot. But I then looked at again at worked as a perfect picture for my project. The cloud also seems to be painted onto the sky

This is a lake of light. When I look at this, I don't see a lake, I see light sweeping across the landscape.

At first I was not happy with my photos and didn't feel like they fit my theme of light. But then I went back and looked at them and realized that they were light just in different forms. I liked how my photos turned out and this project was probably the most fun shooting. I was able a lot of the things I learned over the term and put them into this project. I think what i like most about this project is the wide range. All the pictures revolve around one theme, light, but they're all different.

No comments:

Post a Comment